Samsung Galaxy SII releases with the operating system of Android v2.3 Gingerbread, so anyone who wants to taste the lasts Android OS v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, he should install in himself on his phone. Here you will find some steps to install the latest Android OS v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich following some steps below:
First of all, you’ll need to download Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM (alpha) for the Samsung Galaxy S 2 II I9100.
You can download it using this link:
To install Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich on your Samsung Galaxy S 2, you will need:
- Samsung USB Drivers (Samsung Kies)
- ODIN Client
- Stock Android 2.3.5 ROM
So here are some steps to Install Android 4.0.3
- Install Samsung Kies from the official website – Samsung Kies
- Make sure the USB drivers have been installed properly with Kies. Now close Kies and make sure Kies isn’t running in the Task Manager.
- Download Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM I9100XXKP8 (via XDA)
- Extract all the files (ROM + Odin client) from the file (password: samfirmware.com)
- Start ODIN client as administrator, and select these files:
PIT – u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pitPDA – I9100_CODE_I9100XXKP*_CL42141_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5PHONE – MODEM_I9100XXKP*_REV_02_CL1092599.tar.md5CSC – GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXAKP*.tar.md5
- Also select these check boxes:
- Re-Partition- Auto Reboot- F.Reset Time
- On your Galaxy S2, go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging > Enable it.
- Now switch off your phone and enter download mode.
- To enter download mode, hold the Volume Down + Menu Key and press the Power button.
- After you see the yellow Download mode screen, just connect it to your PC via USB.
- You should now see the ID:COM section turn Yellow and the message box display ADDED. If you don’t, repeat the whole process.
- Click on the Start button to begin the flashing process.
- In 5 minutes, your Samsung Galaxy S 2 should reboot with Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich installed.
Note: This is some tips widely used for people to upgrade their phone to the latest Android OS, please be sure you carefully at your own risk.
For more details, visit XDA