This article will explain about how to update Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 to OS Android v2.3 Gingerbread. Xperia X8 was released featured with the official system of Android 2.1 Ecrair, and no update is provided for this type of Sony Ericsson phone. So, people who want to update their X8 should know that the update will destroy the guarantee of the phone itself. You have to consider first wether you want to get along this update or just stay on the Android version on the phone.
After you have decided on the condition of the phone, and you still want to update your phone, this article is the right option. I will try to explain the steps of the updating X8 into Android OS v2.3 Gingerbread. Before going on the updating process, you need to prepare some files for the requirement of the update. Here are the file you should download first
Files you need to download: (Click to get redirected to the download page).
1. Download Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM
2. Download xRecovery
Before installation of Gingerbread on you X8, it is better to back up your phone to keep your files and data setiing on your phone save. Make sure you have rooted your X8 and xRecovery is installed on your phone. The back up process we use now is using the tutorial below using xRecovery from the files above. For the tutorial to back up your X8, follow the link below:
- Create a new folder on your desktop and rename it as per your choice. Here let’s consider that folder’s name is “XYZ”
- Now move the downloaded “Android Froyo Custom ROM” to the “XYZ” folder.
- The Custom ROM is a RAR archive so you need to extract it using WinRAR.
- For extracting the Custom Rom just Right Click on the file and then click on “Extract Here”
- It will get extracted and “Android Gingerbread Custom ROM’s” folder will be created.
- Now connect your Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8 Phone with your PC via USB cable.
- Select “Open Folder to view files” in the Autoplay box and then click on OK.
- Now Go To backup folder present inside the xrecovery folder (xrecovery – > backup)
- Copy “Android Gingerbread Custom ROM’s” folder to backup folder from “XYZ” folder.
- When it’s done, disconnect your phone from your PC.
- Switch/Power off your phone and wait for five seconds.
- Now Switch/Power on your phone again and as soon as the Sony Ericsson logo flashes on the screen start pressing the back key continuously.
- This will take you to the Xrecovery menu. (This happens only when you have installed xrecovery on your phone.)
- Now Select “Backup and Restore” in the Xrecovery menu
- In “Backup and Restore” click on Restore.
- Now you will see two files
- The backup of your phone
- “Android Froyo Custom ROM” file
- Select the “Android Gingerbread Custom ROM” file .
- It will Ask “Are You Sure”. Select “Yes – Restore”
- Now it will start installing “Android Gingerbread" on your XPERIA X8. Be patient, it will take some amount of time.
- After five or six minutes installation gets completed and a menu comes in front of you. Select “Reboot” From That Menu and Press Enter. Your Phone will reboot and you will see the change