Samsung has made us waiting for so long time for the phone called Samsung I9300 S III, but today the good news arrives upon us. The new flagship of Samsung Mobile Phone in Korea finally anncounce of their newest product of Samsung Galaxy S III.
Yes indeed, Samsung becomes the giant mobile phone manufacture that recently climbeb up to the top bringing some new OS of Android Phones on the market beside the old Symbian and other Operating System. This different OS Android has indeed brought something new, and something interesting to know. After launching the best phone ever made, Samsung Galaxy S II, the Korean Mobile Phone manufacture apparently still not satisfied to spoil us with another best amazing phone, Samsung Galaxy S III.
Samsung Galaxy S III is the company's new Android flagship and it features a quad-core processor, a 4.8" 720p screen and an 8MP camera packed in a 8.6mm body (no chins this time). Of course, it runs Ice Cream Sandwich with Samsung's latest TouchWiz interface that includes cool new ways to interact with the phone - S Voice (a direct Siri competitor), eye-tracking (Smart Stay) and several other clever tricks, which the smartphone has up its sleeves.
- 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Network LTE (regional)
- OS Android OS, v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Chipset Exynos 4212 Quad, CPU Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9, 1 GB RAM
- GPU Mali-400MP
- Card slot microSD, up to 64 GB
- Internal 16/32/64 GB storage,
- Dimensions 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm, Weight 133 g
- CAMERA Primary 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Features Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization, Video Yes, 1080p@30fps
- Secondary 1.9 MP, 720p@30fps
- Touch-sensitive controls
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.8 inches (~306 ppi pixel density)
- Multitouch, Corning Gorilla Glass 2, TouchWiz UI v4.0
- SOUND Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
- Loudspeaker,3.5mm jack
- DATA GPRS Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
- EDGE Class 12, Speed HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth Yes, v4.0 with A2DP, EDR
- NFC, USB, microUSB v2.0 (MHL), USB On-the-go
- Sensors Accelerometer, gyro, RGB sensor, proximity, compass, barometer
- Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS
- Browser HTML, Adobe Flash
- Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS
- GPS Yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS
- Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
- Colors Blue, White
- - MicroSIM card support only
- - S-Voice natural language commands and dictation
- - Smart Stay eye tracking
- - Dropbox (50 GB storage)
- - Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- - TV-out (via MHL A/V link)
- - SNS integration
- - MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
- - MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
- - Organizer
- - Image/video editor
- - Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)
- - Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration
- - Voice memo/dial/commands
- - Predictive text input (Swype)
- BATTERY Standard battery, Li-Ion 2100 mAh
There are several cool new usability features - most notably eye tracking and new voice commands. The eye tracking switches the display on and off, depending on whether the phone sees you looking at it (Samsung calls this Smart Stay). Samsung has also extended the voice command capabilities of the smartphone - the latest offering is called S Voice.
S Voice is obviously Samsung's answer to Siri. You activate it by saying "Hi Galaxy!". You can ask it about the weather, but you can also ask the phone to take a picture. Language support is its strongest weapon - besides English dialects, S Voice also understands Italian, German, French, Spanish and Korean.
The Galaxy S III also comes with a feature called Smart alert - when the phone detects that you have picked it up, it will vibrate if you have missed events.
The innovation doesn't stop here - Pop-up Play allows you to move the video player into a small floating window and continue watching while using another app.
Samsung Galaxy S III even though it is officially released on 29 May 2012 on Europe, but some carriers on England have already confirmed they'll carry the S III point to May 30 as a UK launch date. The prices may different depending the internal storage of the device which are 16/32/64 GB. But accroding to one of the site carphonewarehouse.com it is priced at 499.95 GBP or around £499.95.
Samsung Galaxy S III video: