On this article i will explain about how to update Samsung Galaxy ACE to the operating system of Ice Cream Sandwich OS 4.0. Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 users may be disappointed to know that there doesn't seem to be an official Ice Cream Sandwich update in the device’s stars.
|How to Update Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 to Android 4.0 ICS|
Here are some of Myth ROM’s features:
- Rooted Custom ROM Firmware
- Apps2SD Feature is pre-loaded
- CRT Off Enabled
- Over Scroll Glow is enabled
- Extended Power Menu
- Preloaded with Google Maps 5.11
- Semi-transparent TouchWiz
- ICS-styled icons
- Android Market 3.3.12
- Disabled journaling in ext4
- Comes with ICS 4
- Comes with styled dialer, BLN Service, Google Music
- Custom boot animation
- ICS Gennie widget
- ICS Clock widget
- Supports Flash 10.1, 10.2, and 10.3
- If that brief overview of the Myth ROM’s features has got you dying to get it for your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830, you’ll need a few things:
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830
- ClockworkMod Recovery installed on the phone
- ICS Myth Custom ROM zip file downloaded to your computer. Get it here.
What you should know before updating Samsung Galaxy Ace:
- Make sure that your battery has a charge of at least 80% to prevent your device from shutting down in the middle of the update process.
- Back up the data on your device in the event the data is lost of corrupted during the update process.
- Enable USB Debugging. You can do so through the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging
- Close firewall and antivirus tools on your computer, as these may interrupt the update process.
- Once you’ve done all of these, you can now proceed to the installation process:
- Connect your phone to your computer via the USB Cable.
- Copy the ICS Myth ROM ZIP file into your device’s SD Card without altering or unzipping the file.
- Once you’re done, disconnect the phone from the computer and turn the phone off.
- Boot into recovery mode. You can do this by holding the Menu button while you power on the device. If it boots into normal mode, try again.
- Once in recovery mode, select “Install zip from SD Card,” then “Choose Zip from SD Card”.
- Choose the ICS Myth ROM ZIP file to start flashing the ROM to your phone.
- Once the update is applied, you need to select “Clear cache” from the recovery menu.
- Reboot your phone into normal mode.