The fresh and latest Samsung Phone Galaxy S3 has been launched not long time ago. It was of course has attracted many people to buy it. Even many people feel does not really satisfied with its design, but its performance and features are indeed the best of the best among many mobile phones.
After getting this phone and the owner and want to install ClockworkMod Recovery before attempting to root the device, on this tutorial i will show you how to root Samsung Galaxy S3 on easy steps. Though getting a T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 is still tough, developers are already steps ahead as they have already released ClockworkMod Recovery for the said device. If you get your hands on this device and install ClockworkMod Recovery, you can easily flash custom ROMs on the phone. The devs have also come up with an easy root method, which will be discussed in a separate article.
As far as issues and bugs are concerned, none were reported or identified, so it’s a go signal that it can be installed on the phone without encountering potential problems that could damage the phone. If you want to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999, see the requirements and instructions below.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SGH-T999. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
What you need to prepare:
- A Windows PC and T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999
- Handset USB drivers (T-Mobile_T999_GSIII_Samsung_USB_Driver_v1_4_6_0.exe, 23.2 MB) installed on the PC. from here
- Enable USB debugging on your handset. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB Debugging.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data. Guide from here
- Make sure your device has at least 75% of phone battery charge.
Steps to install:
- Download the following to your PC: Odin3 v3.04 (Odin3-v3.04.zip, 457 kB),ClockworkMod Recovery (clockworkmod.TAR, 6.8 MB)
- Extract the Odin ZIP file to a folder on your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Reboot it into Download Mode by holding down the Volume Down, Home, and the Power buttons until you see “Warning!!” displayed on the screen. Press the Volume Up key again to continue to Download Mode. You will know when you are in Download Mode when you see a green Android with “Downloading” text displayed. If you don’t see it, try again.
- Go to the folder where you extracted Odin and double-click on Odin3 v3.04.exe to run it.
- Connect your phone to your PC and if drivers will install again, allow installation to finish first.
- Odin should recognize your phone. You will know if it did when the COM box in the leftmost part of the window turns blue. An “Added!!” message will also be displayed in the message box.
- In Odin, click the PDA tab and select the clockworkmod.TAR file.
- Double check that the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are ticked.
- Click Start in Odin to flash ClockworkMod Recovery on your phone and wait for the flashing to finish.
- Once finished, your phone will automatically reboot and you will see a message in Odin saying “Pass!”. This indicates that you can now unplug your phone and close Odin.
- Try booting into ClockworkMod Recovery. Turn off your phone and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and the Power buttons together until the screen turns on. Let go of the buttons and your phone should now boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.