Apparently the developers can't wait for the official of Sony Mobile to announce the release of official update for the Sony Xperia Mini X10. Ufortunately there is no oficial update for the device on the Jelly Bean. Therefore, here is the unofficial tutorial to update your Xperia Mini X10 to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) Using Alpha 2.
What we may need to know is the latest Android OS 4.1 Jelly Bean is working great on the device even though there are still many features can't working perfectly, but the Alpha is still under development. So, for those who curious to taste the feel of Jelly Bean on their Mini X10, just follow the tutorial below.
This is not an official ROM and hence you need to wipe data to get this working on your device. Wiping data helps you prevent low memory issues and force closes. Before you wipe data on your device, make sure you backup all important data using the steps given in the Prerequisites section.
Before you proceed with the installation, make sure you have rooted your phone, installed ClockworkMod Recovery and unlocked the bootloader.
Usb (Storage and Adb)
New Adreno200 Libs
Not Working features:
In call mic
HW video encoder/decoder
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Sony Xperia Mini X10. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
What you need to prepare:
- Before installation of Jelly Bean on your Sony Xperia Mini X10, it is better to back up your phone to keep your files and data setiing on your phone save. Make sure you have rooted your Sony Xperia Mini X10 and xRecovery is installed on your phone. The back up process we use now is using the tutorial below using xRecovery from the files above. For the tutorial to back up your Sony Xperia Mini X10, follow the link here
- Make sure that your battery has a charge of at least 80% to prevent your device from shutting down in the middle of the update process. After you backup your phone, now follow the steps below carefully to avoid any unwanted thing to your phone:
Steps to upgrade the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Sony Xperia Mini X10
- Download the ROM zip file and Kernel ftf file from here and here
- Connect your phone to the SD card and copy the ROM zip file from the Computer to your SD card, preferably in the root folder and not within any folder deep inside.
- Having USB Debugging enabled and the necessary drivers installed, place the ftf kernel file in the firmwares directory.
- Use the flashtool to flash the ftf file to your device.
- After flashing the kernel, turn off your phone and boot it into recovery mode You can use the commandadb reboot recovery to reboot into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, wipe all data, cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to “install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
- To get Market and other Google apps working, you can flash Gooogle Apps zip file which can be obtained from goo.im/gapps